Has your air conditioner not been working like it should lately? Do you suspect that your air conditioner may have become frozen? Air conditioner freeze-ups are unexpectedly common, and can occur even on particularly hot and humid days. Here is some information regarding your air conditioner freezing up and what you can do about it: AC Installation Lakeland MN
Causes of Air Conditioner Freezing
There are some potential problems that could result in your air conditioner freezing up to consider when inspecting your air conditioning unit. The most common causes of air conditioner freeze-ups include (but are not limited to):
- Refrigerant leaks or low coolant levels in your air conditioning system
- Insufficient airflow (usually caused due to a dirty or clogged air filter)
- Outdoor temperatures dropping too low (usually at night)
To learn more about how AC freezing can occur and what you can do to prevent your air conditioner from freezing up, feel free to contact your local HVAC contractors in Lakeville MN at Rumpca Services today.
What To Do When Your Air Conditioner Freezes Up
Not only is having your AC freezing up an inconvenience–especially on days when it’s particularly hot and humid out–but it can also be difficult to know what to do in those situations as well. Here are some steps to follow when you start to notice ice build-up on your air conditioning unit:
- Turn your AC off and let it defrost completely.
- Inspect your unit and clean/replace your air filter if necessary.
- Check your refrigerant levels and for any signs of leakage.
- Have a professional HVAC contractor take a look at your unit and do any necessary AC repairs that may need to be done.
If your AC is frozen or is continuing to have issues even after it has defrosted, then you should have an HVAC professional repair or replace your air conditioner for you.
Rumpca Services, Inc: Air Conditioner Installation Lakeland MN
We have several years of experience and knowledge in the HVAC industry, so you can be sure that the HVAC system we’ll recommend is the best one for your home. Our services include: furnace installation, furnace repair, air conditioning installation, air conditioning repair, indoor air quality, duct cleaning, plumbing installation and repair, and sewer and drain cleaning. Call us for your HVAC repairs or HVAC replacement and other HVAC or plumbing needs.
Our Service Areas: Air Conditioner Repair Lakeland MN
Since 1984, we have served the St Paul Minnesota south metro area, including: