Do you have some questions concerning your HVAC system and/or HVAC unit? Here are some of the frequently asked questions that we typically receive as well as our answers to them: Air Conditioner Repairs Hastings MN
What should I do when my furnace isn’t turning on?
Make sure the furnace filter is not clogged or dirty. A one inch thick standard or pleated filter should be replaced every 30 to 60 days.
• Make sure your power switch is on. It may look like a light switch mounted on the side of the furnace. Sometimes this can get bumped when replacing the furnace filter.
• Make sure the service door is on the furnace. There could be a safety switch that will shut the furnace off if the service door is not on the furnace correctly.
• You may me able to check to see if the furnace has power by going to the thermostat and turning the fan switch from auto to on. The furnace blower fan should come on.
• You may also be able to look to see if there is an indicator light located on the control board or circuit board of the furnace. If the indicator light is on, this means there is power at the furnace. If the light on the control board is flashing, you can count the flashes and it may give you an idea of what may be wrong with the furnace. There may be a reference sheet to tell you what the flashes mean on the service door or in your furnace manual.
• Turning the power switch off or turning the thermostat off for 30 seconds and then turning the switch or thermostat back on may reset the control board on the furnace. The furnace may start up and run, but will need to be serviced by your local HVAC contractor as soon as possible. The furnace locked out possibly because of a safety issue or the furnace is dirty and needs to be serviced.
The manufacture of the furnace and the utility company is going to recommend you have the furnace service once a year.
What to do when the AC isn’t blowing cool air?
• Make sure the furnace filter is not clogged or dirty. A one inch thick standard or pleated filter should be replaced every 30 to 60 days.
• Check outside the condenser coil to make sure it is clear of debris. With the power shut off, the outside condenser coil can be washed out with water hose. Your coils should be washed or cleaned at least once a year.
What to do when the AC won’t turn on?
• Make sure power is on. Check circuit breaker, check outside electrical disconnect–you may have to replace fuses. (Some outside disconnects have fuses and some do not have fuses.)
• If you have an Xcel Energy electrical saver switch, a light should be on when power is present. Note: if power is disconnected to the saver switch when power is turned back on their will be a 7 to 10 minute time delay before air conditioner with cycle on.
Air Conditioner Repair Hastings MN | Rumpca Services, Inc.
We have several years of experience and knowledge in the HVAC industry, so you can be sure that the HVAC system we’ll recommend is the best one for your home. Our services include: furnace installation, furnace repair, air conditioning installation, air conditioning repair, indoor air quality, duct cleaning, plumbing installation and repair, and sewer and drain cleaning. Call us for your HVAC repairs or HVAC replacement and other HVAC or plumbing needs.
Air Conditioner Repair Hastings MN | Our Service Areas
Since 1984, we have served the St Paul Minnesota south metro area, including: