What to consider when buying a new HVAC system
When it comes to your home’s heating and cooling system, there are plenty of options. Whether you need to replace your old AC unit or install a new furnace in your home, it’s important that you take the time to do your homework before making any decisions. From learning about energy efficiency ratings (AFUE and SEER ratings) to finding a local contractor that can help with installation and maintenance, there are several things you should consider before getting started. If you want to find an HVAC Contractor Near Me Stillwater MN, then reach out Rumpca Services today. When it comes to buying an HVAC system, here are some suggestions on how to make the process easier:
What to consider before you begin
- Consider your heating and cooling needs, including year-round comfort.
- Consider the climate of your home, including how it affects comfort.
- Consider how long you plan to stay in your home.
- Consider the size of your home and its square footage (a larger house will require more energy to heat or cool).
- Consider if you want a central air conditioning system that can cool multiple rooms, or just one room at a time.
Determine whether you need a professional HVAC contractor
When you’re ready to replace your heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, it’s important to consider whether or not you need professional assistance. If you’re not an expert in HVAC systems, it’s likely best to hire a professional contractor to handle the installation of your new unit.
There are many reasons why hiring a professional is preferable:
- Hiring a licensed contractor will ensure that they know how to work with all aspects of the system, including ductwork and electrical connections.
- A licensed contractor will provide better services since they have access to quality parts and tools necessary for installing high-quality equipment.
- Your home warranty may require that only an authorized contractor perform repairs on your air conditioning system (or other major appliances).
When considering whether or not it’s worth hiring an HVAC professional for installation or repairs, look at their qualifications before agreeing on any agreements—and make sure they have the necessary licenses!
Consider energy efficiency ratings (AFUE and SEER ratings) of new systems when selecting the right system for you
When you are considering a new HVAC system, it is important to take into account the energy efficiency ratings of the unit. The AFUE and SEER ratings are two important factors to consider when purchasing an HVAC unit.
- The AFUE rating stands for Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency, which is a measurement of how much heat your system actually produces compared to how much fuel it uses. This number ranges from as low as 80% (which means that 20% of your fuel goes unused) up to 95%. The higher this percentage is, the more efficient your heater or air conditioner will be in terms of its use of energy throughout the year.
- SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating and measures how efficiently cooling units remove heat from inside a home during summer months against how much electricity they consume doing so over time.*
Select an HVAC professional that you trust to help with your purchase decision
Once you’ve selected the type of system you want, it’s time to choose a contractor. There are many things to consider when choosing an HVAC professional:
- Is the contractor licensed and insured?
- Does the contractor have experience installing the system you want?
- Does the contractor have a good reputation in your area? You can ask around or check Yelp reviews for recommendations on reputable contractors in your area.
- How long has this company been in business? The longer they’ve been around, generally speaking, the better they’re likely to be at what they do (and therefore less likely to need replacing).
Choose a contractor that has NATE-certified technicians
When you’re looking for a contractor to install your new HVAC system, make sure that the company has NATE-certified technicians. The National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NATE) is the largest HVAC industry trade organization in North America, and all of its members have gone through a certification process. Contractors who are certified by NATE must have their technicians undergo an exam and complete training on proper cleaning techniques before they can be hired by clients; they must also have their work inspected by NATE after each job. This ensures that all of your technician’s work will be done correctly and safely, which means that there’s less chance that any problems with your new HVAC system will occur afterward.
Check to see if the contractor has received any awards or recognition for outstanding service
A good way to tell if a contractor has been in business for a long time is by looking at their website, which should have plenty of photos of their work and testimonials from customers. You can also check with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) to see if any complaints have been filed against them. If there are none listed on their site, this may be an indication that they are reputable contractors who do not often receive complaints from their customers; however, be aware that it may still be possible that some people were scared away by these negative experiences and did not want to file a complaint with the BBB. Check whether your contractor is recognized by local organizations as well as local chambers of commerce and other groups dedicated toward providing quality customer service standards like Angie’s List or Yelp!
Ask if your contractor is part of a trade organization and/or licensed by your state
Look for companies with a proven track record—at least 10 years in business, references, and photos and video of their work. Be wary of contractors who offer the lowest price. While it is good to get the best deal possible, you should always be cautious when dealing with someone who makes aggressive claims regarding low prices. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
How to choose a new heating or cooling system
Choosing a new heating, ventilation or air conditioning system can be an overwhelming process, but it doesn’t have to be! By following these steps, you’ll be able to find an efficient unit and choose the best installation company for the job.
- Choose a professional installer. You want someone who has been in business for at least 10 years or more—the longer they’ve been around, the better. You should also check out their reputation online and ask for references from previous clients. A good HVAC technician should be licensed by your state as well as insured against damage during installation (or any other mishaps).
- Ask about their experience with new technology. If you want to install an eco-friendly system that includes solar panels on your roof or geothermal pipes underground, make sure they have experience working with these technologies before making a final decision!
We hope that you’ve found this information helpful and can use it to make an informed decision about your next HVAC purchase. If you have any questions, please reach out to us at Rumpca Services. We’re happy to help! If you are still unsure about where to turn for help, don’t worry! We are always here for you and would love to hear from you if you need any assistance with any kind of HVAC problem. Just give us a call at 651-459-2896 or visit our website at rumpcaservices.com. At Rumpca Services, we’re always happy to help you with your Heating, Furnace Repair, Air Conditioning Installation, Air Conditioning Repair, Indoor Air Quality, Duct Cleaning, Plumbing Installation and Repair, Sewer Drain Cleaning, and more!