The weather here in Minnesota is quickly heating up. As the weather increases, you will want to make sure you will be comfortable in your home and can stay cool. The best way to ensure this is to have an air conditioner that is working well. If your AC unit is not working, it may be time to replace it. Here are signs that you may need to replace your air conditioning unit this summer: Need to Install a New AC Unit
Your AC Unit is Constantly Running
- Your AC unit is constantly running. If the air conditioner seems to be on all the time, but you still feel like it’s not cooling your home, then it may be time for a new system. When a unit is running for many hours during the day, this can affect how long it lasts and how well it performs overall.
- The AC unit is running too long. If your AC turns on in the middle of summer when no one needs cooling and keeps running until winter comes around again (or you get sick of having to turn it off), then this could mean that there are problems with your current cooling system or its parts that need repairing or replacing.
- Your AC cannot keep up with demand even though it runs constantly; this means there may be blockages in coils or vents that make circulation difficult for an older system like yours.
Repairs are Costly and Repairs are Needed Often
As you can imagine, it’s not cheap to fix a broken AC unit. The average cost of air conditioner repairs is about $300-$500, and if you don’t know what you’re doing and try to do the repairs yourself, that number could be even higher. The good news is there are plenty of affordable options out there for new AC units — from do-it-yourself kits to professional installations (for those who want their system installed properly). Even better news: A new AC unit will pay for itself in no time thanks to lower energy bills and more efficiency! And did I mention how much better life will be without sweating through another unbearable summer?
Your AC is Blowing Warm Air or Not Blowing Air At All
If you’re not sure whether you need a new AC unit yet, check your air conditioner first. If the air coming from it is warm or not blowing at all, then it could be time to install a new one. The following are signs that indicate whether or not it’s time for a new system:
- Your AC is running but not blowing cold air.
- Your AC is running but not blowing air at all.
- Your AC isn’t running at all and hasn’t been since last summer. (A good way to test this is by trying to turn on your furnace.) You should also make sure there aren’t any leaks in the house—if everything checks out, call an HVAC technician who can get everything up and running again.
If you have any of these issues, it may be time to make the switch to a new AC unit. If you’re not sure what type will work best for your home and needs, talk with an expert at a local HVAC contractor who can help guide you in choosing the right one. Rumpca Services is proud to be your local HVAC company in Woodbury, Minnesota, and has many services available that can benefit your home from duct cleaning to air conditioning installation. Contact us to learn more about what makes Rumpca Services the right choice for your home, or to schedule an appointment with a licensed HVAC contractor in Woodbury, MN.