Do you have some questions concerning your plumbing and/or sewer/drain systems? Here are some of the frequently asked questions that we typically receive as well as our answers to them: Plumbing and Sewer Services Afton MN
What to do when hot water keeps running out?
• Check temperature setting on water heater to make sure it is at the desired set point. Caution: if water temperature is too hot, it could cause burns or scalding, especially for the elderly or young children.
• If your water heater is making crackling or banging noises when it is operating, this could be caused due to calcium or lime build up in the water heater and your water heater may need to be replaced.
• Use caution to make sure the water temperature in the water heater is not too hot. If water is too hot, it could be dangerous and cause personal injury, and your water heater should be serviced by your local plumbing company as soon as possible.
What to do when there’s water backing up from floor drain?
• If the water is backing up out of the floor drain when flushing the toilets or using the bathroom, the main line to the street may be clogged. In most cases, this is caused from roots growing into joints or cracks in the sewer pipe out towards the street. We would typically clear the line to the street and cut out the roots with a cable type machine with a cutter on the end of the cable. If roots are growing into the sewer pipe, the pipe may have to be cleared periodically to cut out the roots.
• If water keeps backing up out of the floor drain when you’re doing laundry or draining the kitchen sink, but your bathroom toilets are working okay and do not back up into the floor drain when being flushed, then the floor drain inside the house is what needs to be cleared. The floor drain is a 2 inch line under the concrete floor that runs over to where it connects to the main drain.
• If water/sewage is backing up into the house when no water is being used, this is an indication that the city sewer could be plugged and you should call the city public works as soon as possible.
• If your septic system backing up out of the floor drain, you may want to check to see if the tanks are full. If you have an inspection cap or cover outside, you can remove the cover and look to see if the water is backed up into the pipe. There should be an air cap between the pipe or at the top of the water if the septic system is working okay. If water levels are high in the pipe or overflowing onto the ground, the septic tanks may need to be pumped before we can clear the line and determine if the septic system is working.
Air Conditioning Repair Afton Minnesota | Rumpca Services, Inc.
We have several years of experience and knowledge in the HVAC industry, so you can be sure that the HVAC system we’ll recommend is the best one for your home. Our services include: furnace installation, furnace repair, air conditioning installation, air conditioning repair, indoor air quality, duct cleaning, plumbing installation and repair, and sewer and drain cleaning. Call us for your HVAC repairs or HVAC replacement and other HVAC or plumbing needs.
Air Conditioning Installation Afton Minnesota | Our Service Areas
Since 1984, we have served the St Paul Minnesota south metro area, including: